BCS has a professional responsibility for giving advice on IT issues to not only central government departments, but also local government, parliamentary groups, devolved assemblies and the European Union.
The Government Relations Group aims to:
- Advise how to develop mutually beneficial relationships between BCS and government bodies.
- Advise and provide an appropriate focus for formal responses to government requests.
- Initiate specific programmes of activity to advise and inform government on ICT-related issues.
- Help BCS raise its profile across the public sector.
- Coordinate BCS responses to government consultation exercises in accordance with processes and procedures agreed by Policy and Public Affairs Board.
GRG have organised a series of speaker programmes.
Terms of Reference