|Job title:||Brand marketing manager|
|Salary:||Up to £40,000 p.a.|
|Location:||Hybrid Office / Remote|
We are looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to join our Group Marketing Department, in a permanent capacity, working full-time (35hrs/week) 4 days remote and one day per week in the office (subject to business needs).
About the role
The Brand Marketing Manager will be responsible for promoting and championing our brand purpose and mission. They will deliver an integrated programme of marketing activity that attracts new and existing audiences to see and engage with our brand - building awareness, engagement, advocacy and influence.
They will be responsible for recommending, planning and delivering our flagship corporate events programme, which includes awards, conferences, lectures, debates, dinners and online events.
Ensuring BCS marketing activities are aligned to our brand purpose and guidelines, the Brand Marketing Manager will support the development and delivery of the Brand Marketing Strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of BCS’ customers, market, and value propositions. Analyse customer trends and behaviours and apply segmentation and customer insight to profile audience types accordingly.
- Recommend and implement short- and medium-term programmes of activity, delivered via multiple channels, that build brand awareness, engagement and advocacy, supports achievement of business objectives and enhances the overall brand experience for members and non-members.
- Develop and manage the BCS group events programme, ensuring all events are timed and planned in tune with what is happening in the market and our customers’ needs and wants, supporting BCS in achieving its brand growth and business objectives.
- Maintain and grow brand affiliations and partnerships to increase attraction, awareness, and perceived relevance. Negotiate and manage sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationships with teams and individuals that directly affect the Brand purpose of Making IT good for society such as the Digital Marketing Specialists, Marketing Community, Press Office, Policy team, Member Groups and IT.
- Communicate brand marketing plans and objectives to ensure all marketing messaging and communications support the overarching brand message. Identify opportunities for collaboration and joint programmes of activity across the business.
- Manage the delivery of a programme of brand marketing activity. This will include:
- Defining clear SMART objectives to enable post activity ROI analysis.
- Ensuring relevant internal and external briefs are developed and communicated
- Responsibility for delivering the projected results outlined in the objectives
- Responsibility for end-to-end event management, including event set-up and registration through the relevant event platform, promotion, content, speakers, logistics and production.
- Developing marketing tools and assets that enable BCS staff, members and partners to support our campaigns and communicate our brand clearly and consistently.
- Delivering the campaign/event on time and in budget.
- Management of the campaign through marketing automation tool and CRM system.
- Through the development of the campaign, protect commercially sensitive information, e.g. customer data, competitor information
- Oversee the relationship with internal / external agencies used in the process ensuring they deliver on time and to budget.
- Provide creative input into the campaign design process.
- Ensure activities are aligned to the BCS brand purpose and guidelines
- Ensure all events and activities support our policy for equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ensure all marketing activities have the relevant approvals
- Support the Head of Brand Marketing in management of the relevant marketing budgets by providing fully costed plans for all programmes of marketing activity.
- Measure and report on the performance of all brand marketing activity, assessing against goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) agreed with the Head of Brand Marketing.
Who are we looking for?
- A level qualified in any subjects or equivalent
- Membership of Professional Body (e.g. CIM, IDM) or equivalent
- Attained a professional qualification in marketing (or marketing degree equivalent).
- Proven experience in a brand, marketing and or events marketing role
- Proven track record of success in managing effective marketing communications and in marketing planning
- Proven experience managing successful large-scale events
- Proven experience of delivering project goals, and identifying communication channels that work for specific business objectives as well as targeting defined key audiences
- Practical experience of cost/budget control
- Strongly customer focused
- Positive, confident, self-sufficient and creative
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build and maintain successful working relationships internally and externally at all levels
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work to timescales and under pressure
- Presentation skills
- Knows how to use social media channels for effective campaign planning
- Able to analyse data and produce marketing plans
- Strong negotiation skills
- Efficient and reliable
- Ability to prioritise and to cope with conflicting demands
- Up to date with new media, techniques and marketing developments
- In-depth knowledge of the company's products, who buys them and why
- Understanding of relevant legislation around Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, Advertising Standards Codes of practice, Cookie Law etc
- There is a requirement for out of hours working, travel and overnight stays
- There may also be a requirement for manual handling – including erecting display stands and lifting, packing and unpacking boxes.
Brand Marketing Managers must act as ambassadors for BCS and the brand, having the confidence, authority and appropriate manner to communicate with the most senior BCS contacts, including royalty, government ministers, high-profile international speakers, and celebrities.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
Up to £40,000 p.a.
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan