|Job title:||Customer service officer|
|Salary:||Up to £25,000 p.a.|
|Contract Type:||12 month fixed-term contract|
We are now recruiting for a Customer Service Officer to join our Customer Service team, on a 12month fixed-term contract, working full-time at our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
Responsible for providing customer support to our members, training providers, exam candidates and the general public. Ensuring that a high quality of service is continuously provided to all customers (both internal and external) and delivered to the agreed service levels.
- To support the delivery objectives of Group Operations by providing excellent service to our customers within set timescales, across email, live chat and telephone, ensuring all customer queries and issues are resolved successfully.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all current products, and the relevant regulatory and audit requirements. Ensuring compliance is maintained through team knowledge, processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Ensure all non-conformances, complaints and issues are accurately reported on the quality log, investigating all items that do not require further escalation, and ensuring satisfactory and timely completion.
- Take ownership of issues through to completion, escalating matters when appropriate and ensuring that relevant details are available for colleagues to allow them to manage these issues in your absence.
- Have a flexible approach and be prepared to support other team members to ensure departmental goals are achieved.
- Effectively co-ordinate time and resource daily, making appropriate and informed decisions to ensure completion of tasks, providing status updates to the Customer Service Manager.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures, suggesting changes and improvements where possible. Trial changes and updates to procedures where required, reporting back on the effectiveness and feasibility.
- Help to promote a culture of continuous improvement and support initiatives as and when required.
- Identifying issues in current processes and systems affecting customer experience and reporting them to the IT Service Desk, or escalating to the Customer Service Manager, as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with other BCS departments as required, to achieve common goals, share best practice, support projects, contribute to improvement initiatives and help drive business change.
- Process sensitive data including financial transactions such as card payments, personal details, and exam results; maintaining high standards of information security and ensuring a high level of compliance with data protection regulations and policies.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose.
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes, and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grade C and above.
- Ideally NVQ2 in Customer Services.
- Proven experience of working in a customer focussed and/or client services environment.
- Ideally proven experience in the use of Customer Relationship Management systems and other databases.
- Proven experience in communication with customers at all levels internally and externally.
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- A pro-active and positive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent team player, who is also able to work independently.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Able to show initiative.
- Open approach to business improvement.
- Ability to prioritise and organise time to set deadlines.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within your department.
- Knowledge of your responsibilities to meet regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Regulations.
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends may be required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
Up to £25,000 per annum
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan