Vacancy: Marketing manager (FTC)
|Job title:||Marketing manager|
|Contract Type:||12 month fixed-term|
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Product marketing department on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
About the role
The Marketing Manager will deliver customer focussed integrated marketing campaigns and programmes that maximise lead generation and awareness to support the achievement of business objectives and revenue targets. They will be recognised as experts in key markets and customers in terms of characteristics, segmentation and targeting, and the positioning of our brand, products and services.
Ensuring activities are aligned to the BCS brand purpose and guidelines, the Marketing Manager will support the development and delivery of the Group Marketing Strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant priority business area offering, customers and market. Own and conduct market research to define customer characteristics, wants and needs; and apply customer and market insight to develop segmentation, targeting and positioning strategies.
- Develop and implement marketing plans that are delivered via multiple channels, to build awareness, increase customer engagement, generate sales leads and meet the strategic needs of the business area and its customers. Ensure all campaign messaging supports the overarching brand message and campaign themes.
- Manage the marketing budget for the relevant business area, prepare fully costed plans for all programmes of activity and seek consultation and approval as per our sign off processes.
- Provide specialist marketing advice to the business on the elements of the marketing mix that are most relevant to achieve objectives. Take a brief from the business and turn it into an integrated programme of marketing activity, applying creative thinking and initiative.
- Collaborate closely with the wider Group Marketing team to communicate plans, campaigns and objectives, developing bespoke briefs when required. Discuss and agree where internal marketing resources can support with execution services, how they can best deliver against requirements; and the resources required.
- Manage the delivery of the campaign / programme of activities. This will include:
- Defining clear SMART objectives to enable post activity ROI analysis.
- Ensuring relevant internal and external briefs are developed and communicated
- Responsibility for delivering the projected results outlined in the objectives.
- Ensuring the campaign has a digital element to support the overall campaign objectives.
- Ensuring the campaign has relevant international elements where appropriate.
- Delivering the campaign on time and in budget.
- Management of the campaign through marketing automation tool and CRM system.
- Through the development of the campaign, protect commercially sensitive information, e.g. customer data, new product information, competitor information
- Oversee the relationship with internal / external agencies used in the process ensuring they deliver on time and to budget.
- Provide creative input into the campaign design process.
- Ensure activities are aligned to the BCS brand purpose and guidelines
- Ensure all campaigns have the relevant approvals
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and deliver clear communication to the rest of the business on the impact of the relevant campaigns. Provide advice on improvements for future campaigns and activity following the evaluation of campaigns.
- Develop business intelligence on new media, new marketing techniques and a first-hand understanding of the customer base and marketplace for the relevant business area. This must include regular visits to customers, attendance and participation at relevant industry events and the development of a sound knowledge of the offering promoted.
- Develop strong working relationships with key BCS teams across the business; in particular those with a strong dependency on the success of marketing activity.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- A level qualified in any subjects or equivalent;
- Membership of Professional Body (e.g. CIM, IDM) or equivalent;
- Attained a professional qualification in marketing (or marketing degree equivalent).
- Proven experience in a marketing and or brand role;
- Proven track record of success in managing effective marketing communications and in marketing planning;
- Proven experience of delivering project goals, and identifying communication channels that work for specific business objectives as well as targeting defined key audiences;
- Practical experience of cost/budget control.
- Strongly customer focused;
- Positive, confident, self-sufficient and creative;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build and maintain successful working relationships internally and externally;
- Excellent planning and organisation;
- Ability to work to timescales and under pressure;
- Presentation skills;
- Knows how to use social media channels for effective campaign planning;
- Able to analyse data and produce marketing plans.
- Up to date with new media, techniques and marketing developments;
- In-depth knowledge of the company's products, who buys them and why
Understanding of relevant legislation around Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, Advertising Standards Codes of practice, Cookie Law etc.
- Some travel in the UK/Internationally with the occasional overnight stay and out of hours working, including attending events and presentations.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan