Vacancy: Product co-ordinator apprentice
|Job title:||Product co-ordinator apprentice|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £21,500 p.a.|
|Contract Type:||Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship|
We are recruiting for just the right person to join our Product and Standards team, as a Product Coordinator, working from our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
This opportunity is a great way to begin your journey with BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, gaining real-life work experience while you study for a nationally recognised qualification. We'll support you at every stage throughout your apprenticeship, providing you with the opportunity to learn new skills as part of a highly successful and professional team.
About the role
The Product Co-ordinator Apprentice is a key role to the team and will support the development and delivery of the Learning and Development product, online activities and the resources for Professional Certification, End Point Assessment, Education and Professional Registration, focusing on the practical aspects and the managing of our Subject Matter Experts.
This is a varied role in a supportive and dynamic team with room to grow and develop.
- Work with the Product Managers and Instructional Designers to ensure that development and delivery run smoothly.
- Support the management of the department’s Subject Matter Experts, volunteers, casual workers and freelancers to ensure that the correct and legal paperwork is in place and up to date. Deliver specific sessions and events to onboard and ensure that best practice is followed for all work-based activity.
- Work with the Product – Project Delivery Manager and Instructional Designers in the creation and development of up-to-date online content and resources that ensure workflow is transparent, compliant, and adhered to.
- Manage the practical evaluation of programmes and the collation of findings including the alignment of documentation and content library.
- Provide Product Manager guidance and support with the coordination of meetings and events aligned to the agreed Product Build plan to ensure that diary activity is understood and planned.
- Take part in project teams and relevant meeting to support the development of new activities and resources – taking the lead on some of them as appropriate.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a high-quality service.
- Assist in risk assessment, management, and mitigation of live products.
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes, and procedures.
- All employees will live BCS’ values and support our purpose.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- Possess the entry requirements for the related Level 3 apprenticeship course;
- Educated to Level 2 Maths and English;
- Project Management qualification advantageous.
- Experience of supporting teams in a fast-paced environment, coordinating a wide variety of tasks for multiple team members;
- Experience for supporting online learning activities and to further develop the skills required;
- Experience in working with Subject Matter Experts and external suppliers.
- Ability to plan, perform, and report on multiple tasks in a timely and organised manner;
- Customer-focussed approach with an awareness of a client’s needs and a commitment to meeting them;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members, wider business colleagues and external service suppliers;
- Excellent attention to detail with a “right first time” focus;
- Able to organise own workload and work as part of a team;
- Ability to remain focused and calm under pressure;
- Good IT skills: MS Office (Teams, Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of how evaluating learning activities supports development and knowledge of a range of methods e.g., questionnaires, observations, interviews etc;
- Understanding of contractual and legal framework for working with external suppliers and SMEs;
- Awareness of the complexity of the BCS and an understanding of why diversity and inclusion are important.
- Mostly office based, occasional travel and unsociable hours.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£20,000 - £21,500 per annum
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan