|Job title:||Regional development manager|
|Salary:||Up to £40,000 p.a. | OTB up to £20,000 | Car allowance £430/month|
We are now recruiting for a Regional Development Manager to join our Corporate Engagement team, in a permanent capacity, working full-time.
About the role
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Engagement, the Regional Development Manager (RDM) is in place to help grow the Corporate Engagement customer base. Working in a strategic, consultative, dynamic and customer centric environment, the RDM will be expected to take ownership and responsibility in the development of customer relationships with our leading product portfolio to increase the number of Ethical, Competent, Accountable & Inclusive BCS members.
A positive and genuinely purpose driven attitude towards people and organisational learning development, with great communication skills are a must to ensure that all stakeholders obtain exceptional experience and assistance with their career goals and receive exceptional customer experience.
- Strong purpose to support individuals and organisations with their career goals.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships in a region, utilising local BCS networks of members and Corporate customers to promote and grow an ethical and competent digital workforce.
- Develop an understanding of local market needs and drivers in relation to digital skills development.
- Building strong relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Developing and delivering sales plans to meet and exceed monthly and quarterly sales objectives.
- Growing business through the development of new leads and new contacts.
- Identifying and developing new business relationships with potential clients.
- Identify partnerships, funding sources and channel opportunities to grow business opportunities for BCS.
- Attending networking events to attract and retain customers.
- Supporting marketing strategies to grow business relationships.
- Maintaining and updating sales, marketing and business development documentation.
- Assisting with marketing and promotional projects.
- Reporting on sales goals and pipeline management.
- Actively working in collaboration with other teams within BCS.
- Continually look at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
- All staff will live the BCS values and support our purpose.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level in a Business or Computer Science related subject or equivalent equivalent experience is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in sales, business development or similar role
- Demonstrable experience in tech / digital, Learning and Development or membership / Professional Body workplace
- Proven ability to grow business and achieve sales objectives
- Ability to show value and credibility.
- Ability to prioritise opportunities.
- Ability to present and explain ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional consultative approach with strong
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers and enhance
BCS’s reputation in the market place.
- Ability to deliver against Key Performance Indicators.
- Enthusiastic ability to build good relationships with people.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Identifying market need and converting this to results
- Experience with CRM / pipeline management software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Occasional visits to clients or suppliers, off site meetings and events in the UK or globally as required. These may require overnight stays.
- Some travel to other BCS offices as required.
- Must hold a full UK driving license.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
Up to £40,000 p.a. | OTB up to £20,000 | Car allowance £430/month
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan