Artificial intelligence is seen by many as the new electricity. The potential impact of this technology has already been seen in disrupting many established industries and fundamentally changing how we think about automation and human-machine interaction. Sage is taking the lead in developing state of the art AI-based technology with the aim of revolutionizing accounting by working towards making it completely invisible. This allows businesses to focus on what they do best: their business.
In this talk we will highlight important lessons learnt from Sage’s experience in building real-life AI solutions that are scalable, reliable, and cost-effective.
The talk will use a recently developed service in Sage to demonstrate key issues:
· How to start thinking about an intelligent solution to a given business problem?
· How to choose the right AI technology for the problem?
· Is bigger data always an advantage?
· How to balance between the collective wisdom among the customers and the individual experience of a single customer?
· Pitfalls in project design, data exploration, algorithmic design and solution architecture.