6.00pm - 8.00pm. Doors open at 6.00pm, talk from 6.30pm to 8.00pm. Networking with refreshments to follow.
Speaker: Guy Pullen
This is a joint event of the BCS Consultancy SG with the Institute of Consulting/CMI
Guy’s presentation that will cover what you need to know about the General Data Protection Regulations/Data Protection Act 2018. In particular he will be addressing:
- Overview of the regulations and how they sit with other legislation
- Updates on guidance or good practice issued since the introduction of the regulation
- What is common practice in terms of meeting the obligations
- If this is falling short of the intent, what is the regulator doing
- Overview of enforcement activity to date including fines and other punishments where these have been handed down
- What next - broadening the scope, changing the regulations, more or less enforcement, BREXIT, etc
- How the regulations might change industry practice over the next 2, 5, 10 years?
About the speaker:
Guy Pullen combines working as an IT consultant with providing IT support in an independent primary school and running a business delivering professional development training to chartered surveyors. His background spans computerised mapping at Ordnance Survey and the Land Registry, IT consultancy and management in local and central government, and IT management at the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). He has taken a special interest in data handling rules and practice. Guy has delivered well-received similar presentations on a number of occasions for various interest groups.