We are pleased to have secured an excellent offer for BCS members for the upcoming ‘Data Protection Conference - GDPR 1 Year On’ which is hosted by the Executive Leaders Network at the Madejski Stadium in Reading on the 16th May 2019.
The ICO are speaking on the agenda and there is a keen focus on departmental impacts and roles in compliance.
The themes for the day are:
GDPR - 1 Year On | Brexit Implications | Latest on ePrivacy Regulation | Best Practices by Department focusing in on IT, Security and Compliance
The event will discuss the latest developments of the GDPR as well as what has been learnt from the first 12 months from UK business as-a-whole and the ICO commentary. We are focusing in more detail on the common pitfalls, plugging the gaps and creating a defendable position should you breach. There will also be sessions providing the latest views on ePrivacy regulation and the most up to date information on staying compliant but effective with marketing.
20+ Expert speakers
Free parking, food and drink provided
BCS offer is an extended early bird for £187.85+VAT (Full price for non BCS members from 01/03/19 is £295+VAT)
Some of the speakers committed so far are:
- James Hayward - Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Victoria Theaker - Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- John Mitchison - Director of Policy and Compliance at Direct Marketing Association
- Christoffer Valenta - Head of Legal at Future Learn
- Antony Merriman - Performance Insight and Data Science/GDPR Lead at British Gas
- Mike Bohndiek - CIO/DPO for sporting organisations
- Tarun Samtani - Data Protection Officer at Boden
- Gary Langrish - Group Data Protection Officer at Together Financial Services
- William Richmond-Coggan - Director at Freeths
Please direct questions directly to email@example.com