AI is everywhere. It is enhancing jobs, destroying jobs and it is creating new opportunities. Whether you are for or against AI, we know AI is changing jobs at an alarming rate. In this session we will discuss the various use cases of AI, the adoption of new technology through history and what humans need to be aware of in order to maintain our value in a world of accelerating automation.
Subject Talk by
- Insights in to the impact of AI from different perspectives Professor Ashley Braganza, Centre for AI
- The challenges of Artificial Intelligence for Copyright Law, A Case Study in Music Dr Hayleigh Bosher, Lecturer, Intellectual Property Law
- Gigification, Job Engagement and Satisfaction: initial findings from research Dr Weifeng Chen, Senior Lecturer in International Business
- How digitisation can support sustainability in the built environment Dr Eleni Iacovidou, Lecturer in Environmental Management
- Sources of dissatisfaction in AI-powered customer service interactions Dr. Ana Isabel Canhoto, Reader in Marketing
- AI Use Cases and Adoption Kevin Butler, Managing Director, Centigy
Speaker Bio: Ashley Braganza
Ashley Braganza is Deputy Dean, CBASS and Professor of Organisational Transformation Change at Brunel Business School. He is the Director of the Centre for Artificial Intelligence. His research interests encompass artificial intelligence, big data, change management, strategy implementation, process and knowledge management, and transformation enabled information systems. He has published over 100 papers in prestigious academic and practitioner journals, and books. He is the Founder and Chair of the British Academy of Management Special Interest Group in Transformation, Change and Development. He has carried out over 50 consultancy assignments with large global organisations.
Synopsis: Perspective on Artificial Intelligence
AI is becoming a dominant force in organisations. During this session, we will discuss the latest thinking about skills people need to prosper in Industry 4.0. We will also provide insights from the research being carried out in Brunel.
Speaker Bio: Kevin Butler
A Business Transformation Consultant with 15 years of experience working for SAP, Sage and IBM where he specialised in Digital Transformation and Sales Leadership. More recently, while working for IBM Watson he has been heavily focused on the applications of AI in business. In particular, how AI can help people navigate their careers. Kevin is also a member of the Brunel University AI research team.
THIS EVENT IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: BCS London West - visit https://www.bcs.org/category/14727
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.