Dr Nigel Young will present an introduction to the role of the expert witness in IT disputes.
Dr Neil Young
18:00 - Main presentation - Dr Neil Young including Q&A
19:00 - Close
This introduction should assist
- IT professionals who have been asked to act as an expert witness and want to know what it would entail
- IT professionals who are considering adding the expert witness role to their activities
- Managers whose organisations might become involved in a dispute who want to know what an expert witness will do
Dr Young will cover
- Who can be an expert witness;
- Are there different roles for experts?
- What is expert evidence?
- Is expert evidence the same as forensics?
- What sorts of cases need expert witnesses?
- What does an expert witness do – both before the hearing and in court?
- Does an expert witness need to know the law?
- What risks are there in being an expert witness?
- Does BCS support its members in this role?
- Next steps to becoming an expert witness.
This event is brought to you by: BCS Law SG