BCS AI specialist group - This free event is run over two days.
- Aysenur Bilgin, VIQTOR DAVIS
- Rob Claxton, BT
- Nello Cristianini, University of Bristol
- Peter Garraghan, University of Lancaster
- Simon Llewellyn, Gareth Eley & Chris Simons
VQ Communications/ University of the West of England
- Dr Torgyn Shaikhina, QuantumBlack
1 October 2020
- 18:00 - Welcome and introduction to Real AI 2020,
Chair: Dr. Gilbert Owusu, BT
- 18:05 - Aysenur Bilgin, VIQTOR DAVIS
Responsible AI in Practice: Concepts, Challenges and Lessons
- 18:50 - Simon Llewellyn, Gareth Eley & Chris Simons, VQ Communications/University of the West of England
Enhancing the Video conference Experience
- 19:35 - End of session
2 October 2020
- 11:00 - Peter Garraghan, University of Lancaster
The Efficiency Death-March: The Unintended Consequences of AI Research upon Climate Change
- 11:45 - Torgyn Shaikhina, QuantumBlack
Explainable Machine Learning in Deployment Post COVID-19
- 12:30 - Break
- 14:00 - Rob Claxton, BT
Managing AI at Scale
- 14:45 - Nello Cristianini, University of Bristol
The Interface between Artificial Intelligence and the Social Sciences - and Why it Matters
- 15:30 - Close - Chair: Dr. Gilbert Owusu, BT
BCS-SGAI, the British Computer Society Specialist Group on Artificial Intelligence, is the organiser of one of the longest running annual series of AI conferences in Europe: the AI-20xx series. In recent years we have seen a rise in popularity of one aspect of the conference: the industry case studies. These have presented AI as it is actually implemented out there in the real world, with all the triumphs and challenges that brings.
Building on this success, we are pleased to present Real Artificial Intelligence, a series of meetings showcasing practical applications of AI.
We have aimed the event less at deep AI specialists and more at those who may be interested in understanding what AI can offer, and what it is doing right now. The event will feature talks from leading exponents and case studies outlining practical applications of AI from a wide range of application domains. Plenty of time has been allowed in the programme for discussion.
This event is brought to you by: SGAI