Who is this for?
- Individuals involved in implementing artificial intelligence within their organisation.
- Candidates who are transitioning to a role in AI
- Digital leaders and professionals who need to understand how AI will impact their role and their organisation
- Business leaders and professionals responsible for setting organisational strategy
- Technology professionals looking to future-proof their business and their career
There are no pre-requisites for entry to the exam.
What will I learn?
This award sits within the Business innovation area of the AI Foundation Pathway and looks at the impact AI is having in today’s businesses before exploring its potential for the future.
Learn more about:
- the evolution of AI
- shape and structure of organisations
- the role of AI in an organisation
- assessing the business environment
- the art of the possible
Download our latest syllabus (PDF)
This award contributes 5 credits towards the:
- Foundation Certificate in AI (total credits required: 20)
- Foundation Diploma in AI (total credits required: 36)
Other Business innovation awards in the IA Foundation Pathway include:
How can I sit this award?
You can achieve this qualification through virtual or classroom training with a BCS-accredited training provider. As a guide, the estimated total qualification time for this award is 50 hours based around 16 hours of contact time, 33 hours of independent learning and a 30-minute summative assessment. Prices of exams start from £65 + VAT per award - though prices may vary depending on training provider.
Take your first step today!
Get in touch with your nearest BCS-accredited training provider to ask about their bitesize training course.
Build on your foundation learning and achieve the Foundation Certificate in AI by studying one award from each of the four key awards areas. Study eight awards across the four areas and you’ll achieve the Foundation Diploma in AI. Why not look at…
Learn how data enables AI to perform, how it’s cleaned, structured and stored - and specifically focusing on machine learning how to use data in the right way, work with security protocols and uphold good ethical practice.
AI’s ability to learn, replicate and predict means it will have a considerable impact on society and our environment if we don’t approach it ethically, sustainably and with clear governance. This set of awards explores the impact of decision-making and is vital learning for any forward-thinking IT professional.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.