Who is this for?
- Digital professionals who need to build their technical knowledge in AI or gain insight into an individual component
- Candidates aiming to move into a career working with artificial intelligence
- Individuals with an interest in AI and a background in science, engineering, knowledge engineering, finance, education or IT services
There are no pre-requisites for entry to the exam.
What will I learn?
This award sits within the Machine learning and other AI techniques area of the AI Foundation Pathway offering you core knowledge and a defined progression route to a technical career in AI.
- an introduction to knowledge-based systems
- rules of knowledge-based systems
- case-based reasoning
- the inference engine
Download our latest syllabus (PDF)
This award contributes 5 credits towards the:
- Foundation Certificate in AI (total credits required: 20)
- Foundation Diploma in AI (total credits required: 36)
Other Machine learning and other AI techniques awards in the IA Foundation Pathway include:
How can I sit this award?
You can achieve this qualification through virtual or classroom training with a BCS-accredited training provider. As a guide, the estimated total qualification time for this award is 50 hours based around 16 hours of contact time, 33 hours of independent learning and a 30-minute summative assessment. Prices of exams start from £65 + VAT per award - though prices may vary depending on training provider.
Take your first step today!
Get in touch with your nearest BCS-accredited training provider to ask about their bitesize training course.
Build on your foundation learning and achieve the Foundation Certificate in AI by studying one award from each of the four key awards areas. Study eight awards across the four areas and you’ll achieve the Foundation Diploma in AI. Why not look at…
Learn how data enables AI to perform, how it’s cleaned, structured and stored - and specifically focusing on machine learning how to use data in the right way, work with security protocols and uphold good ethical practice.
AI’s ability to learn, replicate and predict means it will have a considerable impact on society and our environment if we don’t approach it ethically, sustainably and with clear governance. This set of awards explores the impact of decision-making and is vital learning for any forward-thinking IT professional.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.