Who is this for?
- Anyone who works in a data role or area of the business that manages data such as marketing, accounts or customer service
- Digital professionals who are transitioning to a role working in AI or machine learning
- Candidates who want to develop their digital knowledge and enhance their credentials and value to the organisation
- Anyone who wants to know more about industry’s dependence on data and the relationship between data and machine learning
There are no pre-requisites for entry to the exam.
What will I learn?
This award sits within the Data area of the AI Foundation Pathway, providing a valuable overview to the field and a vital education for practitioners in every sector.
You’ll learn about:
- types of data
- the data lifecycle
- structured and unstructured data
- data architecture
- data analytics
- data quality
- data compliance and audit
How can I sit this award?
You can achieve this qualification through virtual or classroom training with a BCS-accredited training provider. As a guide, the estimated total qualification time for this award is 50 hours based around 16 hours of contact time, 33 hours of independent learning and a 30-minute summative assessment. Prices of exams start from £65 + VAT per award - though prices may vary depending on training provider.
Take your first step today!
Get in touch with your nearest BCS-accredited training provider to ask about their bitesize training course.
Build on your foundation learning and achieve the Foundation Certificate in AI by studying one award from each of the four key awards areas. Study eight awards across the four areas and you’ll achieve the Foundation Diploma in AI. Why not look at…
AI’s ability to learn, replicate and predict means it will have a considerable impact on society and our environment if we don’t approach it ethically, sustainably and with clear governance. This set of awards explores the impact of decision-making and is vital learning for any forward-thinking IT professional.
Machine learning and other AI techniques Awards
Big data, patterns, smart products, robotics, automation, knowledge-based systems and more - a firm understanding of these aspects, their role and how they affect business, products and services is crucial. Learn which techniques are required to help businesses make the right decisions, and how they need to be implemented to be successful.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.