Who is this for?
- All IT professionals who are required to operate ethically in society and in business - from service desk operative to CIO!
- Business leaders and professionals who need clear sight of how ethics impacts their work
- Consumers who would like to be more informed in an increasingly technology-driven society
There are no pre-requisites for entry to the exam.
What will I learn?
This award sits within the Ethics area of the AI Foundation Pathway while also providing essential standalone foundation learning for all professionals working in the IT industry.
You’ll learn about:
- the importance of ethics in society, business and the IT profession
- ethical behaviour required by IT practitioners
- corporate governance
- ethical dilemmas and safeguards
Download our latest syllabus (PDF)
This award contributes 5 credits towards the:
- Foundation Certificate in AI (total credits required: 20)
- Foundation Diploma in AI (total credits required: 36)
Other Ethics awards in the IA Foundation Pathway include:
How can I sit this award?
You can achieve this qualification through virtual or classroom training with a BCS-accredited training provider. As a guide, the estimated total qualification time for this award is 50 hours based around 16 hours of contact time, 33 hours of independent learning and a 30-minute summative assessment. Prices of exams start from £65 + VAT per award - though prices may vary depending on training provider.
Take your first step today!
Get in touch with your nearest BCS-accredited training provider to ask about their bitesize training course.
Build on your foundation learning and achieve the Foundation Certificate in AI by studying one award from each of the four key awards areas. Study eight awards across the four areas and you’ll achieve the Foundation Diploma in AI. Why not look at…
Learn how data enables AI to perform, how it’s cleaned, structured and stored - and specifically focusing on machine learning how to use data in the right way, work with security protocols and uphold good ethical practice.
Business innovation Awards
Explore different types of organisations and their uses of AI, the challenges and opportunities they might face, and whether AI can offer the right solutions.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.