Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to understand blockchain and its wider application in their own organisation.
There are no formal requirements but it is advisable to complete the BCS EXIN Essentials Certificate in Blockchain.
What will I learn?
Candidates should be able to:
- Explain how a blockchain works
- Identify the role of a node in a network
- Differentiate between public, private and hybrid blockchains
- Explain how cryptography, private and public keys, and hashes are used in a blockchain
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of different consensus algorithms
- Describe possible applications for a blockchain with regard to identity.
- Describe the role a blockchain can play in the supply chain.
- Differentiate between blockchain networks
- Identify the possibilities of combining a blockchain with internet of things (IoT) or artificial intelligence (AI)
- Explain the use of blockchain technology for the protection of intellectual property rights (IP) and providence.
How do I get this qualification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last for a minimum of two days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- One hour ‘closed book’ with 40 multiple choice questions
- Pass mark is 65% (26/40)
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.