Who is it for?
Those who have well-developed technical or business skills and need to operate in a consultative role, providing expert guidance to internal and external clients.
- None. The candidate should have basic working knowledge of IT and it is recommended candidates attend the accredited training course.
- Ideally candidates should have at least three years’ experience or recognised qualifications in the discipline in which they plan to provide consultancy.
What will I learn?
Candidates should be able to:
- Define the role of the consultant and identify different consultancy models.
- Appreciate and describe client issues and their business context.
- Navigate the political landscape that a consultant operates.
- Define the generic consultancy assignment life cycle.
- Plan and manage client relationships over the consultancy life cycle.
- Scope, propose and contract consultancy assignments.
- Structure, plan and control consultancy assignments.
- Deal with difficult client issues.
- Apply a range of best practice consultancy techniques.
- Appreciate different personalities and respond appropriately to client behaviours.
- Problem solve and communication clearly and consistently.
- Take responsibility for personal time management.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills specific to consultants.
- Understand the importance of innovative and creative thinking.
- Apply quality control and measurement within consultancy assignments.
How do I get this qualification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last five days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- Two hour ‘closed book’ with 15 minutes reading time
- Pass mark is 50%
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.