Who is it for?
- Anyone who is involved in any aspect of software solutions.
What will I learn?
This course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience of using, industry best practice involved in systems modelling techniques.
Specific learning objectives
The candidate should be able to:
- Establish the strategic issues of an off-the-shelf approach
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of an off-the-shelf approach to systems development and identify typical risks associated with this approach
- Identify the different roles involved in the integration of an off-the-shelf solution
- Define a framework for effective selection of an off-the-shelf solution
- Define a framework for effective customisation and integration of an off-the-shelf solution
- Recognise the role of requirements in the selection and integration of an off-the-shelf solution and identify the different types of requirements of particular relevance to this approach
- Identify a range of issues arising from the integration of a new off-the-shelf solution with a portfolio of existing bespoke and off-the-shelf solutions and components
- Recognise the role of models in the integration of an off-the-shelf solution and be able to interpret the following models:
- Business process model
- System function model
- Static data model
- Dynamic (event) model
- Component model
- Recognise a range of component integration strategies and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Recognise the importance of testing in off-the-shelf solution integration and identify representative testing approaches
- Identify implementation and long-term support considerations for the selected off-the- shelf solution and its customised elements
- Determine an approach to the deployment of an off-the-shelf solution and handover of the solution to the service management function
How do I get this certification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.