Direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or in person. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- correspond with BCS;
- create an account on our website;
- apply for membership;
- call our customer services department;
- apply for professional registrations;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- register for an examination or certificate;
- register for an event;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- process your application for scholarships;
- participate in surveys; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns including the IP address used; login information; browser type and version, operating systems and platforms. We may also collect information about your visit including the pages you visited; what you searched for; length of visits and methods used to browse away from the page. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside or outside the EU;
- Identity and contact data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Where necessary, BCS may collect certain sensitive personal data from you. Sensitive data is classified as information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life or details or criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data). This will only be done with your explicit consent.