We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data and are aware of their information security obligations. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a business need to know it.
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- Service providers contracted to us in connection with the provision of the products and services; this includes ERS, the service provider which runs election and voting at our annual general meeting;
- Relevant Regulators such as Ofqual, Department for Education, Ofsted, Qualification Wales, ESFA and BSI;
- Other Awarding Bodies such as ISTQB and EXIN;
- Disciplinary Investigation Panels and Appeals Panels*;
- BCS CEO;
- Our insurers;
- External and internal lawyers and / or specialist advisors;
- BCS may also be bound to share data with the police or other law enforcement agencies in the event of a crime.
* Further information can be found in the Disciplinary Regulations which is available upon request.
We will ensure there is a contract in place with the categories of recipients listed above which include obligations in relation to the confidentiality, security and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where a third-party recipient is located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure that the transfer of personal data will be protected by appropriate safeguards, including the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission where the data protection authority does not believe that the third country has adequate data protection laws. Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. We will also share personal data with law enforcement or other authorities if required by law.