International Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) certification
Looking to set your self apart from the crowd and deliver on the promise of world-class digitally driven healthcare? The International CHCIO certification makes it easy for you to distinguish yourself as a leader within health and social care.
The first internationally recognised certification
The CHCIO programme is the first healthcare industry specific credential developed by CIOs for CIOs. The programme was developed by a group of experienced CIO members of CHIME in 2008. Since then, more than 600 people have taken the challenge of becoming CHCIO certified across the world.
BCS are delighted to be able to offer this certification as part of their partnership with CHIME, delivering the UK chapter formed of BCS members.
Am I eligible to take the certification?
In order to take the International CHCIO exam, you will need to be:
- A professional BCS members (MBCS) or above
- FEDIP registered at Advanced Practitioner status or above
- Currently practicing in Health and Care informatics.
Should you meet these requirements, you would be able to apply to take the examination.
Maintaining your credentials
In order to maintain your International CHCIO status, a practitioner must:
- Continue to be a BCS professional member, or above.
- Continue to be a member of the CHIME UK chapter through BCS
- Maintain their FEDIP registration, which requires individuals to maintain and document CPD and requires revalidation every three years.
What do I do next?
If you're interested in taking the International CHCIO certification and would like to learn more about the process, please complete our form and we'll be in touch to confirm next steps.
Mark Kenny, Head of Healthtech, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Mark was the first to pass the Certified Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) qualification in BCS’ cohort one, after it was announced the international recognised exam was to be available exclusively to BCS members in the UK.