Special Interest Meeting (CLICSIG) on NHS Federated Data Platforms
We are pleased to announce the next meeting will address 'The Pros and Cons of NHS Federated Data Platforms'.
Special invited guest – MedConfidential - campaigners for confidentiality and consent in health and social care. The meeting will be chaired by Dr Dai Evans, GP and Lead Clinical Advisor at PRIMIS.
Date: 13 May 2023
Time: 09:00 - 16:00
Venue: Central London near Regent’s Park
Venue details will be shared directly with attendees once places have been confirmed.
Register online via this MS Form
Topics for discussion include:
- What problems are people facing who want to use health data?
- What is the most appropriate approach to information governance relating to the use of NHS health data?
- What do we know so far about the NHSE Federated Data Platform (FDP) and what problems does the FDP hope to resolve?
- What are the differences between the FDP and other data repositories such as TRE?
- What can we learn from the past regarding patient consent and data access problems?
- Local approaches to data requirements (ICS/PCN)
Attendance at CLICSIGs are limited to PHCSG and FCI members and the occasional invited expert with places (usually no more than 20) allocated on a first come first served basis. To help secure a place, it is essential to book early. If you are not a BCS/FCI member, you can request a spare place once member places have been allocated.
Attendees will need to book their own accommodation for the Friday evening (if desired). Recommended hotels near the meeting venue are:
The outputs of CLICSIGs are generally published through this website.