Mentoring Scheme objectives:
- Support and guide university Graduates and Apprentices transitioning into their first career.
- Provide an engaging environment where students can openly discuss their future.
- Encourage young people to pursue STEM in further education.
Who should apply:
There is no typical mentee profile. We just want our mentees to be diverse and open minded with interesting life ambitions.
We encourage applications from mentees from all STEM degrees including men and women from BAME and LBGTQ+ communities.
This scheme will suit mentees who:
- Are over 18 years old.
- Have a Growth Mindset.
- Are responsive and curious.
- Will be respectful of mentor's time and make the most of it. Remember that mentoring is a mutual relationship where both have to contribute equally.
- Would enjoy sharing knowledge, skills and hobbies with others.
- Are proactive, fun and ready for new adventures.
What is the time commitment:
Approximately 1 hour a week of your online time, for a minimum of 6 months.
What's in it for you?
Taking part in a mentorship scheme will help you have a more clear view on your future, develop new skills and gain the confidence you need in order to progress in your career.
What we hope you will gain:
- Be aware of various career paths that exist in technology.
- Explore new activities and make new friends.
- Gain insight into the technology professional world.
- Develop greater confidence and self esteem.
- Experience challenges that will prepare you for your future career.
All mentees will receive evidence of participation and BCS recognition... through the RITTech qualification
How can I apply?
Please complete our short form to apply for the programme. You will receive a placeholder for the kick off event where you will meet your mentor by the end of October.
Find out more by joining our launch event on 23 September 2020 or email us at email@example.com