SMSG Deputy Chair
To be announced
- Leads group in its activities
- Chairs SMSG committee meetings
- Ultimately responsible for SMSG activity
- Planning, convening and recording the outcome of all committee meetings, including the production and circulation of meeting agendas and minutes.
- Providing an official conduit between the specialist group committee, BCS HQ and group members for all formal communication.
- Acting as a reference point on the policies, procedures and rules of the society.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective administrative functioning of the specialist group.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
SMSG Events Coordinator
- Managing and developing branch events
- Helping other branches or organisations that want to learn about service management
- Arranging speakers for events
Please contact Duncan to discuss hosting or speaking at an event at the SMSG on topics like agile, lean, ITSM, leadership, KPIs and more.
Email address: email@example.com
SMSG Vice Chair
To be announced
SMSG Social Media
- Managing and maintaining a social media presence for the group
Email address: Gregory.Hall@blplaw.com
Name: Richard Josey
Name: Thierry Ackermann
Name: Ian Robinson
Chris has worked in the IT industry for over 25 years in a number of industry sectors in varying roles. More recently Chris has applied his experience to IT service management where his focus has been service transition and continual service improvement. Chris is an ITIL v2 service manager, v3 expert and ISO 20000 consultant.
Duncan Watkins is an experienced IT service management professional who is fluent in the language of both technical and non-technical staff. He has held a number of positions within IT service management, as well programme and project management and information security. To back this up he has attained qualifications in ITIL, PRINCE 2 and DevOps, as well as being an InfoSec lead auditor.
He now works as a consultant, trainer and speaker on all things to do with ITSM and DevOps. When he’s not dealing with IT / non-IT divide, you’ll often find Duncan on his bike.
Greg's professional experience includes working for legal firms and commercial construction companies. Continuous service improvement and operations are areas that he specialises in with a focus on supplier management, desktop support, service desk, networking and managing a large (500) printer estate. Ensuring alignment between IT and business requirements,he has a proven record for delivering value to customers.
Greg states - 'I’m a student of IT service management, championing an adopt and adapt approach to ITIL. I’m also a member of the ITSMF UK and an active committee member of the BCS Service Management specialist group, regularly presenting and debating topical issues and learning from other practitioner’s experiences. I enjoy applying the knowledge gained from these various channels into my day to day working life.'
Richard Josey has over 15 years’ experience in service management.
His consulting has helped drive many organisations in their efforts to implement and embed mature service management processes.
This has comprised of numerous incident, request, problem, change, configuration and release management processes, in a variety of environments.
Richard works as an ITSM solution architect for Unisys’ Edge service management.
Richard is the chair of the BCS Configuration Management specialist group (CMSG), a committee member of the BCS Service Management specialist group (SMSG) and is a member of the itSMF.
He has spoken, publicly, at a number of industry events including BCS, itSMF and Gartner conferences, as well as a number of webcast and webinar.