The MOD landscape is evolving every day through the application of digital technology. Your IT expertise is vital and, now more than ever, it’s essential that you have a way to demonstrate your professionalism and integrity.
BCS Organisational Membership provides you with clear, independent recognition of your credibility, commitment and value to the team. You can also achieve professional registration (CITP, RITTech, CEng, IEng) with BCS, benchmarking your knowledge and competence against IT industry standards.
Come and join the global professional community dedicated to building a brighter digital future for everyone in society.
Member benefits include:
- Professional registration - receive support throughout the application process, then enjoy wider industry recognition for your digital skills
- Specialist groups - meet like-minded professionals at interest groups such as Information Retrieval, Data Management or ICT Ethics
- SFIAplus development model - align your skills, identify training and chart your progression on the IT capability framework
- BCS London office - use our members' lounge in a Central London location for meetings or to catch up on admin
- Mentoring network - tap into the experience of other BCS members and learn from their unique and independent perspectives
- Career services - take your next step up, with the help of interactive tools like a CV writer and interview simulator
- Volunteering opportunities - gain valuable experience outside of your day-to-day role and make a difference in the IT community
Am I eligible?
If you're a permanent employee in one of these TLBs, you can join the MOD’s BCS Organisational Membership partnership for free.
"The support provided throughout the CITP application process was fantastic... the advice and assistance provided meant the whole process was really efficient and effective."
How do I join?
Becoming a BCS member is a fast and easy process.
Make a start by contacting your membership scheme coordinator - together you’ll decide which BCS membership level is right for you; Associate (AMBCS) or Professional (MBCS). You'll then need to submit a short application form.
Which professional registration can I achieve?
As soon as you join the MOD BCS Organisational Membership partnership, you can look to gain professional IT registration.
You'll receive additional post-nominals and a place on a public register, giving you greater recognition for your knowledge, skills and competence.
"Being able to demonstrate your credibility and skills, benchmarked against a broader standard, is really important."