|Job title:||Audio Visual (AV) and facilities technician|
|Working hours:||35hrs/week Monday - Friday|
About the role
The AV and Facilities Technician is required to have a good level of technical and organisational expertise.
The role holder will be required to complete administrational tasks and assist with the upkeep of the venue making sure it is to the standards expected by our members and customers at all times.
- First line support for the preparation and rig/de-rig of any equipment prior to and following our events and webinars, remaining available throughout for problem solving and queries;
- Update and keep current all website details and customer price lists;
- Develop and maintain an external resource booking system;
- Update the venues wayfinder and hero screens using APP SPACE or similar;
- Be the first point of contact for our external and internal customers looking to make enquiries regarding the venue;
- Proactively market the venue to our customers and look for ways to improve our value by market researching and benchmarking other local options;
- Proactively working with our internal customers to support webinars and events;
- Develop good working relationships with the Membership groups and work with them to deliver on their requirements;
- Develop and maintain a monthly usage report on rooms and AV equipment;
- Actively gather feedback from customers and make things better;
- Support the wider Facilities team and cover other staff members for absences;
- Assist with the general office administration and hospitality;
- Maintain the venues assets and have a systematic method and routine for testing and signing off the kit, implementing an asset register and tracking system;
- Implement and maintain AV procedures, create setup manuals and carry out training to other team members to ensure continuation of service;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grace C or above or equivalent
- Qualifications in or evidence of undertaking a course towards a qualification in audio visual, multimedia, sound technology required or in any other relevant technical discipline.
- Significant experience of working in an AV support role, supporting meetings / events for up to 120 people;
- Proven experience of working in a customer focussed environment
- Previous Facilities experience is desirable
- Health and safety experience is desirable
- Service orientated and customer focussed;
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and time management skills with an eye for detail;
- Ability to seek out solutions to problems
- An understanding of venue management software, POS systems would be advantageous;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Confident communicator at all levels, both internally and externally
- Able to remain calm under pressure and multi-task accordingly;
- Positive and flexible approach to work with a can-do attitude
- Ability to identify areas of improvement within your department
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Configuration and use of AV equipment, wireless networking, network topology, telephones, PCs, laptops, Apple Mac, Windows software and the Internet.
Knowledge in the following is desirable:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Oracle finance systems
- Asure resource booking software
- Able to work rostered shifts covering 8am to 10pm over 35 hours a week, with occasional lone, evening and weekend working;
- Required to be on-call for out-of-hours for emergencies;
- Significant manual handling involved on a regular basis;
- May be required to handle and serve alcohol;
- Regular travel to Swindon office
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.