|Job title:||Business development executive|
|Salary:||£20,000 p.a. plus OTB|
|Closing date:||1 July 2019|
About the role:
The team promote and sell a range of qualifications, accredited and regulated by Ofqual, to a wide range of UK market sectors broadly classified as Education; including Schools, Colleges, Universities, Private Training Companies, Charities, Local Authority Adult and Community Learning organisations.
The Business Development Team is based in the Swindon office. Activity is focused on developing new business opportunities and generating revenue through opening new Approved Centres and selling BCS Qualifications through new business activity. The expansion of the BCS Funded Sales customer base through new centre accreditations forms a key part of the Business Development Team objectives.
Business Development Executives will be targeted for new business revenue, acquisition of new accredited centres, lead generation, renewal of Approved Centre annual licenses, and any other areas of new business as directed by the Director.
Identify sales opportunities
Produce leads and establish new relationships by researching, adding and developing new customers. Qualify sales leads in line with target customer criteria, principally by telephone, email and social media. Plan own calls/contacts to ensure all opportunities are explored and followed up.
Develop effective new customer relationships
Establish prospective customers’ qualifications needs and explore how these can be met by the team. Use persuasion skills to engage prospects’ further interest and establish the need for developing a qualifications solution and proposal.
Generate and book new business appointments
Generate and book an agreed minimum number of new business appointments per month for the Regional Customer Managers with new customers that lead to revenue through accreditation and registrations in each case.
Meet revenue targets
Deliver revenue in line with targets set by the Director along with meeting targets for a conversion rate for leads (received and self-generated).
Maintain Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
Log all calls/contacts into the CRM software and actively manage the customer database to ensure information is accurate and kept up to date, to enable accurate reporting and targeted marketing activity and business development to generate new business opportunities and revenue. Manage all data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Identify and follow up recent and past calls
Identify past prospects for follow up calls. Re-establish contact to generate interest in BCS qualifications. Constantly exploit data in CRM for new leads to generate interest in BCS qualifications. Follow up all marketing campaigns to ensure all leads are contacted with a view to generating new business for BCS Funded Sales, capturing all data in CRM.
Plan development activities
Plan business development activities and customer contacts in order to meet agreed targets for revenue, lead generation and new business meetings. Be responsible for your own activity levels to ensure they are in line with agreed performance requirements and satisfy the unit KPI’s.
Collaboratively working with the Business Development Team
Work collaboratively with the Business Development Team to support marketing campaigns, seminars, exhibitions and road shows. Ensure there is an effective process flow from new business development to Regional Customer Manager and that it contributes to achieving the business targets.
Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose;
Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
- 5 x GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Maths, at grade C or above.
- Proven experience of selling business-to-business products/services/solutions to the education and training sector to develop business, generate revenue and securing appointments for field sales colleagues.
- Demonstrable successful experience of establishing contacts and developing relationships at management level in education/training organisations.
- Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills. A professional telephone manner and a consultative approach.
- Articulate and confident, able to communicate effectively with customers by phone, email and social media to influence them to buy.
- Ability to research sectors to develop business opportunities that lead to revenue opportunities.
- Effective at identifying prospective clients’ requirements and able to match these to BCS qualifications.
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers and enhance BCS’s reputation in the education sector.
- Able to quickly and effectively provide detailed quotes for prospective customers, along with appropriate service (operational) information.
- Able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Able to learn new products, services and solutions.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, determined and target driven.
- Committed to achieving and exceeding sales performance targets.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to identify improvements within the department.
- Knowledge of IT education and training market would be advantageous.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays in the UK supporting Regional Customer Managers and marketing activities.