|Job title:||Business development officer (NRPS) 3 Year Fixed-term contract|
About the role
This is a varied and challenging role, working closely with the Key Account Managers to support the continued growth of BCS membership numbers and benefits take up in organisations. Managing the day to day relationships with clients which will include regular review meetings, the preparing and processing of contracts and proposals.
The Business Development Officer is responsible for sourcing placements for the Nuffield Research Placements Scheme (NRPS) that is co-delivered by BCS and STEM Learning. This will involve identifying relevant organisations and individuals and agreeing for them to provide place of learners (ages 16- 18) for 6-week projects during the summer (currently virtual). NRPS are engaging, hands-on research projects, where students can make a meaningful contribution towards the work of a host organisation.
The role will also be responsible for managing the continuous improvement of how BCS delivers member benefits within organisations and be responsible for the planning and delivery of our OM benefits, including onsite workshops and events.
Nuffield Research Placements Scheme
- Proactive in approach to identifying new organisations to take part in the scheme. Plan own activity to target and reach the relevant individuals
- Liaise with STEM Learning on progress and current supports of the scheme so not to duplicate efforts
- Promote NRPS to organisations we currently work with across BCS
- Ensure NRPS marketing and benefits are imbed in BCS materials and champaigns
- Develop proactive corporate engagement strategies with the aim of adding value to membership, increasing member retention and identifying areas for membership recruitment
- Champion membership benefits internally and externally
- Improve organisations engagement and promotion within BCS communication channels including e-newsletters, the BCS website and ITNow magazine
- Capture and analyse member feedback to feed into ongoing membership service innovation and development
- Update BCS CRM systems with accurate client and member details.
- Support the development of cross team business processes and continually challenge the way we work in order to deliver added value for members.
- Work with marketing and communications teams across all relevant platforms to inform our marketing strategy and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated to support membership services.
- Lead or manage relevant organisational members onsite events, such as:
- Standards workshops
- Member sign up stands
- Speaker events
- Trade and sector shows
- Support the team in achieving the BCS wider strategic objectives as appropriate.
- Support the Director of Corporate Engagement by leading on or contributing to membership reports for Council, Boards and others as required
- Support other members of the account management team as required
- Represent BCS at internal/external meetings and events
- Undertake project work when required
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All employees will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures
Who are we looking for
- 5X GCSE’s including English & Maths, Grade C or above
- Demonstrable experience of establishing contacts and developing high value relationships at director and or C-level in corporate organisations and or channel partners
- Experience of working in a relevant industry
- Demonstrable experience of consultative sales approach focused on business-to-business engagements offering a range of products, services and solutions
- Experience within a membership body is a bonus
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a professional consultative approach with strong listening skills
- Articulate and confident, able to communicate effectively with customers face to face, by phone, email and social media to influence them to engage and buy
- Effective at identifying prospective clients’ requirements and able to match these to BCS offerings
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers and enhance BCS’s reputation in the market place
- Ability to deliver against Key Performance Indicators
- Research skills
- Able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload
- Networking, Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, determined and target driven
- Knowledge of the learning and development industry
- Knowledge of the IT and consultancy industries
- Must have full valid UK driving licence
- Travel in the UK, may include some overnight stays and evening dinners to support