|Job title:||Community coordinator (Finance)|
We are looking for a Community coordinator to join our Community team from July 2021 on a 6-month contract.
About the role
As a member of the Community team, you will play a key role in growing the value that members gain from participating in our regional and specialist interest groups. You will work closely with committee volunteers to ensure that they feel valued and supported by BCS.
- Provide proactive support to BCS Member Group volunteers;
- Be the main point of contact for liaison between MG committees and BCS Swindon;
- Provide a secretariat function to the Community Board or its committees;
- Support volunteer development;
- Provide guidance to member groups on BCS rules and policy;
- Support use and moderation of an online discussion forum;
- Coordinate, plan and disseminate communications to member groups.
Secretariat and finance support
- Where appropriate provide secretariat support to the Community Board or its committees or executives as specified by line manager. Specifically, in this role the post holder will provide monthly secretariat support for the Community Board finance committee, this will also include management of the annual budget submission process for member groups.
- First point of expertise to MGs, building close relationships with volunteer community. Promote networking opportunities provided by MGs and their importance to the Institute. Advice on points of procedures. Communicate to and collate information from groups (e.g. budget process). Assist with annual Member Groups elections/AGMs;
- Identify whether planned activities are within the organising Member Group’s budget and alert the Group to any funding issues.
- On request from Member Group, set up and manage events booking system for the event. Identify special requirements for attendees.
- For chargeable events support venue liaison, negotiate pricing and supervise the contract, e.g. minimising risks for early cancellation, assess venue for risk and security. Identify and process AV needs for the event. Plan logistics to meet the timetable for the event and supervise the venue to meet BCS standards. Book caterers, communicating authorisation levels and limits for catering;
- Prepare delegate packs, maintain attendance records, organise distribution of post-event questionnaires and surveys;
- Where identified by your line manager attend events to support event delivery registration of delegates. Typically this will incorporate events which are chargeable and have attendance of 100 delegates.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent essential.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer facing role
- Proven experience of stakeholder management and customer support experience
- Proven experience in event coordination is desirable
- Proven experience of working for a not-for-profit organisation is desirable, preferably with significant volunteer member contact and an understanding of the different type of working relationships that exist in this culture.
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to plan and organise and manage own time effectively
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders over the phone and in person
- Highly service orientated manner
- Assertive with a positive, can-do attitude
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Tenacious and resilient
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a changing environment with numerous deadlines
- Microsoft Office suite and online collaboration tools is essential
The following knowledge is desirable:
- Online discussion forums
- Social Media platforms
- Event administration
- SalesForce CRM
- Finance administration
- Travel to London and other cities for meetings, typically 2 days a month.
- On occasion support evening events or committee meetings.