|Job title:||Compliance officer|
|Contract type:||6-month fixed term contract|
We are looking for a Compliance officer to join our Compliance team, in a contract capacity, working full-time at our Swindon offices, on key transport links and in the town centre.
About the role
The Compliance Officer role supports the implementation and ongoing management of the monitoring the business’ level of compliance against the regulatory standards the business is required to adhere to.
- Provide on-going regulatory advice to support business unit activities. To engage with all parts of the business to brief on regulatory responsibilities from Ofqual, Qualification Wales, CCEA Regulation, ICDL Foundation as well as a number of international standards;
- Write policies and respond to regulatory consultations;
- Facilitate compliance-based staff training;
- Assist with and co-ordinate internal, external and third-party audits or investigations, in support of regulatory sanctions or malpractice investigations. Follow-up on corrective actions and improvements within the business, escalating any non- conformities;
- Ensure compliance is maintained during and after business change. Make recommendations for improvements and support operational teams on implementation. Provide relevant information to key stakeholders;
- Lead malpractice investigations, ensuring the risks to the business are minimised;
- Manage the business processes, information collection and management reporting for risk management and business continuity;
- Oversee the co-ordination of updates to operational documentation including policies, procedures, working instructions and qualification syllabuses. Ensuring the required templates, version control and security requirements have been implemented;
- Compile summary information from the internal self-assessment activities for the preparation and submission of the annual self-evaluation statements to the regulators;
- Produce monthly management reports on business activities, issues and incidents and assess the business impact and their associated level of compliance;
- Oversee the co-ordination of updates to operational documentation including policies, procedures, working instructions and qualification syllabuses. Ensuring the required templates, version control and security requirements have been implemented.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing management of licensing contracts and associated quality assurance requirements. Ascertain if the business is meeting its obligations;
- Update exam question papers and associated exam materials in accordance with quality assurance guidelines, including security and confidentiality;
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing management of new quality assurance standards such as BSI standards and Ofqual General Conditions of Recognition;
- Assist with the co-ordination of the inputs and outputs of the Risk Management process;
- Assist with investigation of suspected malpractice by third parties;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for
- Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent essential
- UKAS Auditor Qualification would be desirable
- Proven experience in an administration focussed role
- Previous experience of audit processes and working in a regulated environment is desirable.
- Ability to interpret technical, regulatory information;
- Ability to keep information confidential;
- Ability to work within data protection legislation;
- Ability to think logically, problem solve and question;
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of business integrity;
- Highly organised with the ability to work methodically and plan;
- MS Office skills to an intermediate level for Word and Excel;
- Excellent business writing skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively and build effective relationships with all levels of the business;
- Calm, diplomatic and assertive;
- Proactive and able to use own initiative.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO27001, ISO17024, ISO22301 standards;
- Detailed knowledge of General Conditions of Recognition;
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for risk management;
- Working knowledge of compliance frameworks.
- Occasional travel within the UK and some overnight stays.