|Job title:||Director of International sales|
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, is committed to making IT good for society. We use the power of our network to bring about positive, tangible change. We champion the global IT profession and the interests of individuals, engaged in that profession, for the benefit of all.
We are looking for a Director of Sales, International to join our Sales, International team, for a contract opportunity working full-time from our Swindon offices, close to the town centre and key transport links.
About the role:
Responsible for the management of our international sales division including the development of strategies to maximise and grow revenue through adept client and regional management. The role will be responsible for fostering a culture of consultative sales excellence which is orientated towards customer need in a rapidly changing market environment.
- Budget and target setting: Agree an appropriate sales budget for the FY/Quarter/month with the Managing Director and set sales targets and commissions for teams accordingly, so that the budget is achieved overall. Identifying and prioritising growth opportunities by geography, sales channel, product category.
- Strategy: Work with the sales and wider business to develop, and oversee the implementation of, effective sales strategies so that revenue and market share is maximised outside the UK and Ireland via our range of partners and clients.
- Relationships: Manage key external and internal relationships to best effect to drive growth, develop our market position and facilitate innovation. These relationships include key training partners, government departments, channels, distributors and senior stakeholders in the institute and L&D.
- Management: Manage all aspects of the international sales activity, in order to equip the international team to sell, and implement strategy, most effectively. This includes overseeing the provision of regular sales meetings, product and sales training and coaching,121s with the sales team, briefing the teams on sales model, pricing and other significant developments, and recruitment and/or development of a capable team to ensure effective implementation on the ground.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuous evaluation of the sales team progress and providing coaching, training and development to maximise performance and personal growth. Motivate and incentivise the team appropriately so that targets and optimal working styles are achieved.
- Forecasting and Reporting: Take responsibility for sales forecasting for new and existing products and performance. Ensure monthly sales reporting is timely so that the business is kept informed about sales progress and market trends.
- Projects: Represent the channel division on projects critical to the business, such as development of new models, product or delivery platforms and the improvement of supply chain efficiencies or key business systems.
- Industry awareness: Maintain and develop your knowledge of and participation in industry developments and competitor activities in order to bring this information into the business and foster an outward-facing culture across the teams.
- Tender management: Take responsibility for owning and completing sales responses to relevant market tenders with appropriate support from the Managing Director.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
- All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose.
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to degree level.
- 3 x A Level’s.
- 8 x GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Maths, at grade C or above.
- Significant experience within a sales management or director position.
- Experience in the IT Training and Examinations sector.
- Experience in overseas countries; India and Sri Lanka are preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable track record of managing channel teams.
- Demonstrable experience in leading sales teams to driving double digit revenue growth.
- Demonstrable experience of managing Channel sales operations.
- Proven experience of leading and managing successful solution selling teams.
- Proven experience in writing and winning invitation to tender processes.
- Demonstrable sales experience of growing a Learning & Development and/or IT channel operation business.
- Significant relevant industry experience.
- Proven strong interpersonal and customer relation building skills.
- Strong technical/IT skills.
- Is a natural influencer with the ability to relate easily and effectively to colleagues, customers, suppliers and partners.
- Well organised and results oriented.
- Able to develop organisational skills and methods within the team. Follows through appropriately.
- Numerate. Able to analyse complex data to establish trends and forecasts.
- Confident presenter and communicator.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop team members.
- Frequent offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers may be required.
- International travel according to business opportunity is required.
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends will be required.
- Driving Licence is an essential requirement for this role.