|Job title:||Director of Sales, Schools and Adult Education|
About the role
Responsible for the management of our schools and adult education division including the development of strategies to maximise and grow revenue through adept client and territory management. The role will be responsible for fostering a culture of consultative sales excellence which is orientated towards customer need in a rapidly-changing market environment.
This role will work closely with the other Directors of Sales to ensure consistency in approach where appropriate across the organisation, particularly those with a focus on schools or adult education. In particular this role will work very closely with the Director of Sales, Channel when setting strategy and approach for any shared client accounts.
- Budget and target setting
Agree an appropriate sales budget for the FY / Quarter / month with the Managing Director and set sales targets and commissions for team accordingly, so that the budget is achieved overall. Identify and prioritise growth opportunities by geography, sales channel, product category. Support the Product team to develop a pricing framework to optimise our commercial position;
Work with the sales teams and wider business to develop, and oversee the implementation of effective sales strategies so that revenue and market share are maximised and channel conflict is minimized;
Manage key external and internal relationships to best effect to drive growth, develop our market position and facilitate innovation. These relationships include key accounts, channels, distributors, and senior stakeholders across the Group;
Manage key aspects of the schools and adult education sales activity, in order to equip the teams to sell, and implement strategy, most effectively. This includes overseeing the provision of regular sales and product training, briefing the teams on sales model, pricing and other significant developments, and the recruitment and/or development of a capable and motivated team of senior managers able to ensure effective implementation on the ground;
- Continuous Improvement
Continuous evaluation of the sales team progress and providing coaching, training and development to maximise performance and personal growth. Motivate and incentivise the team appropriately so that targets and optimal working styles are achieved;
- Forecasting and Reporting
Take responsibility for sales forecasting for new and existing products and performance. Ensure monthly sales reporting is timely so that the business is kept informed about sales progress and market trends;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
Must be able to demonstrate proven sales experience of growing a Learning & Development and Standards business through a solutions approach and have relevant industry experience in funded markets.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 5x GCSE’s or equivalent, including English & Maths at Grade C or above.
- Significant experience within a sales management or director position
- Demonstrable track record of personally selling £100k+ learning solutions within funded sector marketplace
- Proven experience of sales management within the schools and adult education sector
- Demonstrable experience leading successful teams and driving double digit revenue growth
- Demonstrable experience of growing Direct and Channel sales operations.
- Proven strong interpersonal and customer relation building skills
- Skilled negotiator
- Strong technical / IT skills
- Is a natural influencer with the ability to relate easily and effectively to colleagues, customers, suppliers and partners
- Well organised and results oriented. Able to develop organisational skills and methods within the team. Follows through appropriately
- Numerate. Able to analyse complex data to establish trends and forecasts
- Confident presenter and communicator
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop team members.
- Full UK driving licence is required
- Frequent offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers will be required
- Worldwide travel may be required
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends will be required
- A willingness to travel according to business opportunity is a pre-requisite for this role.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.