|Job title:||Junior business analyst|
|Salary:||Up to £25,000 p.a.|
About the role:
In this role, you provide investigation, support and analysis for business projects to achieve strategic business goals.
You will also support business units and project teams to drive improvement and changes in ways of working, process, culture and technology-enabled activities.
The role includes completion of a Business Analyst apprenticeship equipping you with exceptional skills as well as on the job experience.
- Identify areas for improvement within the business;
- Elicit, define and document business requirements, including the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ situation;
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, workshops to determine and prioritise requirements and their scope;
- Mapping and challenging current processes to identify potential improvements and efficiencies;
- Make recommendations and obtain necessary agreement for process and system improvements;
- Work closely with business users (including senior managers) on ideas, business cases, feasibility studies and where necessary vendor selection;
- Work closely with Project Managers to support project delivery;
- Design and support User Acceptance Testing phases of project delivery.
- Communicate and engage with cross-functional teams, helping to build a positive continuous improvement and change culture.
- Support the smooth and effective introduction of change and improvement into the organisation;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
These are desirable not essential:
- Associate membership of BCS - AMBCS
- Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
- Significant experience of assisting business process design and advocating change;
- Awareness and prior involvement in contributing to, or writing requirement documents including user stories and their acceptance criteria;
- Experience of working within an agile environment using Scrum, Kanban or other agile methods.
- Quick learner - able to adapt to changing technologies and processes;
- Self-starter - able to hit the ground running and quickly take on a busy workload;
- Skilled in communicating at all levels, verbal and written, internally and externally;
- Able to confidently discuss and demonstrate requirements with other business\project team members;
- Able to work across multi-faceted teams;
- Well organised and capable of managing own time efficiently and effectively;
- Self-motivated and prepared to take decisions based on own initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Problem solver with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of different agile methodologies;
- Understands the importance of creating high quality documentation;
- Appropriate understanding of relevant legislation such as Copyright Law and the Data Protection Act.
- Candidates must be prepared to complete a Business Analyst apprenticeship.