|Job title:||Part-time facilities administrator|
|Salary:||£18,229 p.a. (full-time equivalent)|
About the role
To support the Facilities team in the provision of a first class customer experience by providing a comprehensive day-to-day facilities service to ensure that premises are accessible and useable by all to support the Group’s operational requirements.
- Support the Facilities team in the delivery of facilities management services, contracts and projects ensuring all tasks are carried out in compliance with all current regulatory requirements, seeking advice as necessary.
- Provision of administrative support to the business as required;
- Act as a first point of contact for reporting and resolution of facilities issues, escalating where necessary to the Facilities team
- Support the Facilities team in the implementation of plans for the use of the space and assets;
- Ensure all front-of-house services are set-up ready for the start of each working day and replenished according to requirements;
- Oversee contractors to ensure effective delivery of contracts and compliance, reporting issues in a timely manner;
- Raise purchase orders and process invoices for products, services and supplies;
- Carry out minor site maintenance tasks as needed;
- Keep all facilities records up-to-date in a timely and accurate manner;
- Collate data to support the facilities management operations;
- Develop and manage productive relationships with all stakeholders;
- Investigate and respond to customer feedback on facilities service delivery and agree changes to services or products where necessary;
- Use IT systems to assist service delivery and set-up equipment / provide support for users.
- Cover for the Swindon Facility Manager for periods of absence;
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of Facilities’ working practices;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- There is an expectation that all staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- 3 GCSE passes at Grade C or above, ideally including English
- IWFM Level 3 qualification (or equivalent experience)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid
- Fire Warden
- Manual Handling
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Recent experience of hands-on support of facilities, administrational, or in a customer-facing role
- Well spoken, articulate and positive
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customer focus
- Excellent level of literacy, numeracy with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft, facilities systems and AV equipment
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good problem-solver
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Good organisational skills, time management, ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Positive and flexible approach to working with a can-do attitude
- Ability to identify improvements within departments
- Facilities or office management
- Current health and safety regulations
- Facilities systems and AV equipment highly desirable
- Significant manual handling
- Occasional travel the Swindon office
- Regular out-of-hours working as required
- On-call for emergency response.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.