|Job title:||Product developer|
|Closing date::||4 September 2019|
About the role:
Manage projects to develop new products on time, to budget and to the required quality.
Work with relevant Product Manager to understand signed off new development ideas and requirements for ongoing product maintenance.
Create and own project plans, PIDs and RACIs for new and maintenance development - reviewing and revising with Head of Product Development as necessary.
Deliver allocated product development projects on time and within budget. Report on progress with plans.
Manage and deliver end-to-end product development projects - in line with product roadmaps and lifecycles to time / budget / quality targets and business budget requirements.
Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure successful development and maintenance of products. Work with Sourcing Manager to implement and manage contracts as necessary.
Establish and develop collaborative relationships with clients as early adopters, testers and sources of regular feedback to ensure the customer journey is optimised.
Manage operational changes to service delivery processes.
Review process and procedure to identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement within the Product Development function. Make recommendations for change to Head of Product Development. Work cross-functionally to ensure change is implemented successfully.
Ensure operational processes are developed and implemented in line with regulatory requirements. Analyse and assess risks and issues in line with regulatory requirements. Assess and plan for mitigation and contingency for new products.
Continually review changing product technology to identify opportunities for development by L&D Ltd to exploit new technologies and innovations across relevant markets.
Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
All staff will live BCS’ values and support making IT good for society;
Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant Project Management certification
- Proven relevant experience in product development in a learning environment
- Proven experience using software development methodology
- Proven project management experience
- Use of Agile methodology and creation of assessments desirable
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organising skills, able to see projects through to the end
- Pragmatic problem solver, able to be flexible
- Team player, intuitively involves other colleagues as required
- Able to deliver within a business case
- Able to work within defined timescales and keep calm under pressure
- Results and delivery driven
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Confident presenter and communicator
- UK Qualification regulatory requirements
- Professional Certification market
- Occasional visits to clients or suppliers, off site meetings and events in the UK or globally as required. These may require overnight stays.
- Some travel to other BCS offices as required.
- Full UK driving licence required.