|Job title:||Programme manager - facilities|
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, is committed to making IT good for society. We use the power of our network to bring about positive, tangible change. We champion the global IT profession and the interests of individuals, engaged in that profession, for the benefit of all.
We are looking for a Programme Manager - Facilities to join our Facilities team, for a fixed-term contract opportunity working full-time from our Swindon offices, close to the town centre and key transport links.
About the role
Managing a complex Swindon office move project, implementing business solutions to meet identified strategic business needs.
Creates and maintains project plans for office project that communicate tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation.
Co-ordinates and manages the delivery of the project to meet deadlines, budget and quality assurance standards, whilst ensuring stakeholders are fully engaged in the projects.
Manages risk, and identifies and manages scope change, and provides reports to stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Leads and manages the ongoing programme of the Swindon office move in line with our overall delivery schedule and People and transformation strategy;
- Defines and plans resources and schedules for the project implementation and creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning;
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, budgets, tasks, goals and milestones while overseeing the project teams to ensure delivery against plans;
- Efficiently identifies and solves project issues, mediating disputes where required and demonstrating leadership and decision making;
- Defines and manages the methodologies, lifecycle and documentation standards
to be used in the design and delivery of the project;
- Defines and adapts project governance and reporting structures with guidance
from line management;
- Reports and presents on the status of projects and the overall project to all levels
of the organisation. Facilitates communication between delivery teams and
project stakeholders ensuring confidentiality wherever required;
- Works closely with business stakeholders to help them define requirements,
project approach, make project decisions and understands the project in a nontechnical
way. Acts as the liaison between stakeholders and delivery teams/
- Works directly with suppliers and partners (and their respective project
managers) to design, co-ordinate and implement project plans;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from
time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed
and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Degree or equivalent experience;
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or Certified ScrumMaster
- Demonstrable project management experience;
- Proven experience of running large complex office move projects;
- Proven experience of running waterfall and agile methodologies;
- Commercially aware- experienced in running projects with both internal and external suppliers
- Outstanding engagement skills, with the ability to motivate and drive accountability and ownership through multi skilled, cross-organisation project teams;
- Excellent communicator and team player with the ability to provide clarity on roles and responsibilities;
- Able to develop and build strong, positive relationships with people of different business and technical backgrounds, and at all levels in an organisation;
- Able to work with and effectively communicate with senior stakeholders;
- Able to build high performing project teams, using development and coaching approaches to inspire and encourage a high-quality output;
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively without supervision;
- Strong knowledge and awareness of existing and emerging technologies and technology-based cultures;
- Problem solver, with an eye for detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales;
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive content;
- Excellent presentation skills – comfortable presenting to large groups of people;
- Negotiator, both internally and externally - able to negotiate deals and savings with a range of suppliers, partners and colleagues;
- Financially aware - able to design and manage budgets and accurately cost projects and spend;
- User-centric - able to put themselves in the shoes of our customers, both internal and external.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation;
- Expert knowledge of the tools and techniques for effective communication;
- Expert knowledge of the tools and techniques for risk management;
- Expert knowledge of the methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects;
- Expert knowledge of the methods and techniques for managing stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project;
- Good awareness and knowledge of PMO tools;
- Strong IT Literacy;
- High degree of English literacy.
- Occasional travel in the UK to other BCS offices and/or supplier offices;
- Occasional out-of-hours working including weekends.