|Job title:||Senior Digital Product Developer|
|Closing date:||25 November 2019|
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, is committed to making IT good for society. We use the power of our network to bring about positive, tangible change. We champion the global IT profession and the interests of individuals, engaged in that profession, for the benefit of all.
We are looking for a Senior Digital Product Developer to join our Product team, for a permanent opportunity working full-time in this field-based role.
About the role
Management of and responsibility for the development and delivery of effective digital assets that compliment and advance BCS products and services ensuring that all interventions are defined, developed and rolled out successfully to deliver growth, reach, revenue and profit targets.
This will involve utilising modern and advanced proprietary and opensource software tools, platforms and the latest techniques to increase knowledge transfer to others in a time efficient and accessible manner, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met along with delivering market need.
- Working with the Product & Standards team to create customised digital solutions that compliment and add value to the BCS offer, building on capability, reach and opportunity whilst ensuring adherence to regulatory standards;
- Deliver innovative solutions in the use of digital content and a blended approach to the delivery of content;
- Collaborative and cross functional development working closely with all key stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Ensuring timely delivery of effective digital solutions within budget requirements;
- Working closely with Product Development and Standards teams to influence and innovate solutions;
- Support integration and development of solution delivery appropriate to target audience;
- Develop pedagogically sound digital content to meet the needs of the target audience;
- Identify and storyboard requirements – video, animation, photography etc;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Recognised Teacher/Trainer qualification
- Recognised Project Management qualification
- Significant experience of the UK Blended Learning marketplace – past experience of developing and delivering innovative digital and blended learning solutions
- Demonstrable experience of formal Project Management methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in the use of modern and advanced techniques and tools to ensure the transfer of knowledge and skills
- Proven track record of working within a lean and agile environment
- Proven experience of leading and working with teams to deliver on time and to budget
- Demonstrable experience of Moodle development, administration and integration
- Well versed in the instructional design process, including storyboarding for digital content
- Competent in the use of digital authoring tools, video editing, animation and LMS
- Is a natural influencer with the ability to relate easily and effectively to customers, suppliers and partners
- Well organised and results oriented
- Able to develop organisational skills and methods within the team
- Confident presenter and communicator
- Specific knowledge of your own Practice area. Recognised as a thought leader in the relevant external communities
- Specific knowledge of the learning and development market including latest tools, technologies and techniques
- General knowledge across a broad range of IT related areas
- Offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers may be required
- Worldwide travel may be required
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends may be required