|Job title:||Senior Product Manager - Membership|
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager - Membership to join our Membership Department for a permanent opportunity working full-time from our Swindon offices, close to the town centre and key transport links.
About the role
Management of and responsibility for the Membership product and services portfolio for both individuals and organisations. Ensures the proposition of membership and the associated products and services are defined, developed and rolled out successfully to deliver growth, reach, engagement, member pride, revenue and profit targets.
Ownership of our strategic partner relationships that relate to the Membership portfolio.
Interfaces closely with Sales, Marketing and other Product Management Teams, to ensure their objectives and activities are appropriately aligned to the objectives of our membership strategy.
Create and own the 3-year Product Plan for Membership to ensure agreed goals are met. Ensure the product plan covers the existing portfolio and new products for our membership audiences. Ensure this product plan is developed in conjunction with key teams across the business to meet the overall membership strategy (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Community team etc);
Continually review the commercial viability of the existing product offering to both individuals and organisations to ensure it maximises growth and engagement opportunities in the marketplace. Monitor and report monthly on performance of membership, managing reporting and analyses of income and expenditure for all practice areas and identifying risks and mitigation strategies as necessary;
Lead and co-ordinate research projects to help to understand member needs in the IT industry to develop new products and services that will enable membership to grow and enhance BCS’s position in the industry as a vibrant professional community.
Create and evaluate business cases for development activity for new or existing products or services. Assess them for commercial viability and decide which developments to recommend for forward action. Progress into project planning, working collaboratively with cross BCS departments to ensure successful product development and launch to market;
Where a product involves licensing from, or jointly developing IP with a third party, lead and own the overall relationship management with the partner to ensure a multi-level relationship is created across both organisations.
Partner management also includes co-ordinating the relevant product partnership governance and BCS resources to deliver key partnership activities including the following and to be the central point of contact for these activities:
- Strategy discussions and overall partner plan
- Contract negotiations in conjunction with relevant Director, Product manager and Sourcing Manager.
- Product implementations
- Operational activities
- Marketing plan activities
Set appropriate KPIs with the partner and be accountable for all performance activity reporting based on these KPIs, both internally and externally to the product partner;
Own the product development process for Membership, ensuring development is completed within agreed timescales, budgets and processes for development and assessment. Ensure continual improvement of the product development process, working closely with other Senior Product Managers to ensure a consistent approach within BCS. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and third-party requirements in the product development process (e.g. GDPR etc);
Prioritise products released to market balancing demand and capability while working collaboratively with IT, Marketing and Sales to deliver successful roll outs. To take a leading role in checking technical content and relevance for all product produced;
Be the focal point of knowledge for the Membership target market, competitor & customer base. Own action plans to drive the growth of existing products, respond to competitor activity and develop new business proposals, amending product strategy as necessary;
Manage the product marketing elements of customer focus, pricing, packaging, prioritisation and sales enablement (promotion, tools etc) working in conjunction with other relevant departments. Produce Marketing briefs and product content for Marketing. Be responsible for assisting Marketing in maintaining the Membership areas on the BCS website (public and member-only);
Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
There is an expectation that all staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience and a track record of success in Product Management, marketing or Sales & Services.
- Significant experience negotiating commercial and contractual terms successfully;
- Significant experience of developing and assessing the viability of business cases, budgets and plans;
- Significant experience of product development and delivery management of qualifications within a regulated marketplace;
- Significant experience of working with the IT sector;
- Significant experience of managing and tracking budgets;
- Significant experience of managing effective and highly performing teams;
- Significant experience of motivating, leading teams under a organisation / departmental strategy
- Critical & creative thinking, problem solving.
- Able to assess the viability of a group of products and implement change to ensure it maximises growth opportunities in the marketplace.
- Ability to build effective and strong interpersonal relationships – relates easily and effectively to colleagues, customers, suppliers and partners.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills at all levels and a confident presenter.
- Ability to present to a wide range of audiences, providers employers, government departments etc
- Data Analysis – the ability to monitor and collect research data to assess accuracy, validity, and viability of a group of products. To interpret and evaluate results, create reports and presentations with the purpose of implementing agreed changes to maximise growth opportunities within the marketplace.
- Financial accountability and management: ability to manage budgets against an agreed cost model.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workloads of self and others in order to meet deadlines
- Highly organised and results oriented. Follows through appropriately
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within your department
- General knowledge across a broad range of IT related areas
- Knowledge of professional bodies and/or membership associations
- Offsite visits to London office, clients, partners, suppliers and presenting at external events may be required.
- Some out of hours working may be required.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.