Who is it for?
Anyone who is involved in the areas of information security and information assurance.
There are no formal entry requirements however, the candidate will require an understanding of information assurance. It's recommended that candidates attend a BCS accredited training course.
What will I learn?
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- The function of and need for business continuity management within an organisation
- The business continuity management life cycle
- The main components of a business continuity management programme
- The need for risk assessment within business continuity management
- The options for development of a business continuity management strategy
- How to prepare and develop plans for business continuity management response
- The need for exercising, maintenance and review of plans
- The need for embedding business continuity management awareness within the organisation
How do I get this qualification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- Three hour scenario based ‘closed book’ written exam:
- Part A: Ten multiple choice questions (1 mark each)
- Part B: Six compulsory short narrative questions (5 marks each)
- Part C: Three compulsory essay style questions (20 marks each)
- Pass mark is 65% (65/100)
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.