When: 19th Feb 2014, 10:30 - 19th Feb 2014, 16:00
Where: BCS, 1st Floor, The Davidson Building, 5 Southampton Street, London, WC2E 7HA
Organiser: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT as part of their Digital Literacy for Life Programme are hosting an Employers Focus Group on 19th February 2014.
Aims of the day:
- To discover the true level of current digital skills in the UK workplace
- To understand (potentially by sector) what the digital skills requirements are for employers
- To discuss whether a national framework would benefit in delivering digital skills to the UK workforce
- To discuss whether a definition for digital literacy truly exists and is one required for employers
- Does any identified solution need government input (if so what?)
- What role can employers play in delivering a new level of training in digital skills (or is this the role of education?).
The outputs from this one day focus group will be instrumental in identifying what's required to ensure the UK has a digitally skilled and therefore digitally literate workforce fit for purpose in 2014.
Refreshments throughout the day, including lunch will be provided.