Is it all a mysterious dark art? or just some simple button pressing? Come along and find out.
Watch the video
- How stressful and exciting is a cyber security incident?
- Its 2022, so how do the bad guys now get in? What do they do once inside? How do you get rid of them?
- What do different companies do to improve their cyber security?
- What are the new threats?
- What are the big challenges which never seem to disappear?
- What new cyber security solution will fix everything? (spoiler: it does not exist)
- What cyber security services and solutions (do I think) are snake oil?
- What always goes wrong?
- But also - what are the fun bits?
Many questions, lots of question marks, please come listen to my talk and find out what the answers which live in my head and but also from a more talented source, my team!
About the speaker
Neil Richardson is the co-owner and Managing Director of Samurai Digital Security a CREST and NCSC accredited Cyber Security company based in South Yorkshire but with staff located throughout the UK. Samurai was formed in 2016 and predominantly focuses on offensive security, compliance and training, Samurai have completed work for the organisations including the NHS, the UK Government and several Universities.
Prior to creating Samurai he worked as an academic teaching web application, mobile and infrastructure penetration testing. Since then he has spent the last 5 years practising what he preaches, using the bleeding edge testing techniques he had been demonstrating through academic research, and applying them in industry.
In addition to having an MSc, Neil holds Cyber Scheme Team Leader status, Security Clearance, Crest Register Tester and SANS GWAPT certifications.
He is also the co-founder of SteelCon, Sheffield’s very own annual Ethical Hacking conference founded in 2014. He also ran the Sheffield Open Web Application Security chapter back in 2017.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us make IT good for society. Join BCS today.
This event is brought to you by: BCS South Yorkshire branch