A series of short informal talks and reflections from event and workshop organisers of the 35th BCS HCI Conference.
This event is in-person only, and registration is required.
Various - from the workshop and conference program
18:00 - Registration and refreshments
18:30 - Short talks begin
20:00 - Short talks finish
20:15 - Buffet and refreshments
The BCS Human Computer Interaction (HCI) conference is an established annual multidisciplinary HCI event that brings together a community of HCI researchers and practitioners.
Hosted by Keele University, the 2022 conference returns to a physical format.
Our open branch meeting will provide attendees with an opportunity to learn about the conference from the host organising team and to hear short talks and reflections from the leaders of the day’s events, comprising:
- Introductions from the BCS branch and Keele conference host team
- Professor Alan Dix, Chair of the Doctoral Consortium event for HCI PhD researchers, will reflect on the day’s events.
- Workshop organisers will also feedback on their specialised HCI-themed events.
- ‘Designing Domestic Smart Energy Futures’,
- ‘Finding Out What People Really Want’ and
- ‘Generating, Developing and Evaluating Ideas Systematically’
- The short talks will conclude with an overview of the upcoming conference programme which includes keynotes, talks and an Interactions Gallery, as well as opportunities to ask questions.
- Attendees are invited to meet conference organisers, researchers, students and partners over a buffet and refreshments.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us Make IT Good For Society. Join BCS today.
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
BCS is following government guidelines and we would ask attendees to continue to also follow these guidelines. Please go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for more information, advice, and instructions.
This event is brought to you by: BCS North Staffordshire branch