A special event showcasing Practical Applications of Artificial Intelligence.
- Dr Jonathan Francis Roscoe (BT Applied Research)
- Dr Giovanna Martinez-Arellano (University of Nottingham)
- Dr Fernando Oliveira (University of Bradford)
- Dr Genovefa Kefalidou (University Of Leicester)
- 10:20am - Welcome
- 10:30am - Dr Jonathan Francis Roscoe (BT Applied Research) Automated Cyber Threat Detection and Response
- 11:15am - Dr Giovanna Martinez-Arellano (University of Nottingham) AI in Manufacturing: Applications and Challenges
- 12:00pm - Break
- 12:15pm - Dr Fernando Oliveira (University of Bradford) Using Evolutionary Algorithms to Simulate Land Use Change: The Case of Auckland
- 1:00pm - Lunch Break
Session 2 Chair: Dr. Mathias Kern (BT)
- 2:00pm - Defence AI Centre (Speaker to be confirmed) Practical application of AI to support defence outcomes
- 2:45pm - Dr Genovefa Kefalidou (University Of Leicester) Human-in-the-Loop in AI-Driven Innovations: Is it still Relevant?
- 3:30pm - Break
- 3:45pm - Validate AI (Speaker to be confirmed) Developing more trusted AI systems
- 4:30pm - Event ends
BCS-SGAI, the British Computer Society Specialist Group on Artificial Intelligence, is the organiser of one of the longest running annual series of AI conferences in Europe: the AI-20xx series. In recent years we have seen a rise in popularity of one aspect of the conference: the industry case studies. These have presented AI as it is actually implemented out there in the real world, with all the triumphs and challenges that brings.
Building on this success, we are pleased to present Real Artificial Intelligence, a series of meetings showcasing practical applications of AI.
We have aimed the event less at deep AI specialists and more at those who may be interested in understanding what AI can offer, and what it is doing right now. The event will feature talks from leading exponents and case studies outlining practical applications of AI from a wide range of application domains. Plenty of time has been allowed in the programme for discussion.
About the speakers
£90 (plus booking fee and VAT) for BCS and SGAI members and £110 (plus booking fee and VAT) for others.
- attendance at the event
A special rate of £50 (plus booking fee and VAT) is available for students.
A refund, excluding fees, will be issued if a cancellation request is received by noon on 20 September 2023 , otherwise, name substitutions will be allowed after this date.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us Make IT Good For Society. Join BCS today
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
BCS is following government guidelines and we would ask attendees to continue to also follow these guidelines. Please go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for more information, advice, and instructions.
This event is brought to you by: BCS SGAI: The Specialist Group on Artificial Intelligence