Join us for this fireside chat with Holly Porter.
Watch the video
In this fireside chat Holly will discuss:
- The benefit of ‘Squiggly careers’ rather than a linear path -Growing into leadership: understanding yourself
- The strengths, the blind spots, imposter syndrome. Creating good culture in teams.
- The importance of balanced, inclusive inputs.
- Understanding what drives you: working for purpose-led organisations; growth mindset; variety and being pushed outside comfort zone
- Professionalism and the future of tech / digital and what she is focusing on in her role at BCS -Audience Q&A
About the speaker
Holly Porter, Managing Director at BCS Holly leads the Institute at BCS, which supports the development of ‘competent, ethical and inclusive’ technology professionals, She works with both individuals and organisations who are members and volunteers in over 100 regional and special interest groups. Her focus is to help members shape their own futures and shape the future of technology as part of the BCS membership community.
This starts with students and apprentices developing their digital skills through to experienced technology leaders. She joined in 2019 from GS1 UK, a global data standards organisation where she was Chief Marketing Officer and Membership Director. Prior to this, she was Marketing & Communications Director at Wincanton plc. Through her role at BCS, Holly Chairs the FEDIP Board, which is the Federation for Informatics Professionals in Health and Social Care; a collaboration between the leading professional bodies in health and care informatics. Holly is also a Trustee of internet safety charity, South West Grid for Learning.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us Make IT Good For Society. Join BCS today
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
BCS is following government guidelines, and we would ask attendees to continue to follow these guidelines:
Northern Ireland: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ireland