- ACM-W – Committee on Women in Computing
- Athena SWAN Charter – for advancement of women in science, engineering and technology in H.E.
- AWC – Association for Women in Computing
- Computer Scientist: Grace Hopper
- ECSwomen – A group created to support the women in the Southampton University department of Electronics and Computer Science.
- EEVL – The Internet Guide to Engineering, Mathematics and Computing
- Girls in STEM, Link contributed by Katie, member of Lyndhurst STEM club for girls https://lyndhurststem.org/
- GFW – The Global Fund for Women
- GWB – A Guide to Women in Business
- HWC – History of Women and Computers: Link contributed by schoolgirl, Colleen Gibbs
- LinuxChix– Community for women who like Linux, and for supporting women in computing
- Race For Life
- SET – Science, Engineering and Technology
- Syracuse University’s Blog – Recruiting More Women Engineers Means Getting Girls More Involved in STEM
- Systers – An informal organisation for technical women in computing
- WES – Women’s Engineering Society
- WiC – Women into Computing
- WISE (Women in Science and Engineering)
- Women@CL – Women in the Computer Lab at The University of Cambridge
- Women in Engineering and Technology
Useful links for business people
- ITCH (IT Can Help) – a network of volunteers who are prepared to offer computer related assistance to disabled people – a project of The BCS Disability Group (BCSDG) and REMAP.
Internet technology and web related links
Organisations with Web Responsibilities
- ICANN – The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. This non-profit organisation has responsibility for the IP address space allocation, protocol parameter assignment and domain name system management
- International Webmasters Association
- Search Engine Watch – Search engine advice
- World Wide Web Consortium – Body with responsibility for web standards & policies. This site also contains many tutorials on a wide range of web-related topics.
- Absolute Cross – free tutorials
- HTML Goodies
- HWG – HTML Writer’s Guild – an educational organisation for Web developers. Lots of advice, tutorials, mailing lists etc.
- MSDN Library – Microsoft resource for developers
- xml.com – O’Reilly books
- xml.org – OASIS the non-profit Organisation for the Advancement of Structured Information Systems
- StableGirl – graphic resources – free for non-commercial use.
- Web Teacher – numerous free tutorials
- Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services – Portal for institution-based career staff
- Careerjet – Jobs
- Computer Weekly – IT jobs specialists
- Employment opportunities – Support for Disabled Graduate Jobseekers
- Jobapplications.co.uk – Find online application forms for companies in the UK.
- jobs.ac.uk – Jobs in the Academic Community
- jobsgopublic – UK Public Sector Careers
- Prospects – Official graduate careers website from CSU, the Higher Education Careers Services Unit
- Strathclyde University – Graduate Fair
- The Guardian – Jobs
Note: These links to external websites are supplied for your convenience and BCSWomen are not responsible for information contained in any of the websites accessed from the above links.