Held in conjunction with SC16: The International Conference on High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis.
Sunday 13 November 2016, 9am-5pm, Mountain Time
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
EXTENDED Poster submission deadline: Monday 8 August 2016 AOE
The fifth international Women in HPC workshop will take place at SC16, Salt Lake City, USA. The workshop will address the under-representation of women in the HPC community by discussing and addressing the challenges faced by women and how to improve the opportunities provided to women.
The workshop will provide activities of interest to two particular groups:
- Those responsible for hiring and recruiting staff that are interested in increasing diversity and retention of under-represented groups in their organisation
- Early and mid career women working in HPC who wish to improve their career opportunities.
We invite anyone interested in improving diversity in the community to attend.
Call for posters: extended deadline 9 August 2016
As part of the workshop we invite submissions from women to present their HPC work to the HPC community as a poster and lightening talk. There will be the opportunity to meet with leading employers from across the HPC community and discuss your work with them. After submission, presenters will be provided with a mentor to aid in the preparation of their poster and lightning talk before the workshop.
Submissions for posters are invited as short abstracts (max 300 words) in any area that utilises high performance computing. Successful authors will be asked to provide a copy-ready version of their poster by October 1st 2016.
To submit your work please email your abstract as a word or text document containing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 July 2016:
- Full name of main (presenting) author, short biography (150 words) and photograph for website publicity
- Names of any other authors;
- Current institution of all authors;
- Abstract (up to 250 words)