PROMS-G: Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the Project management specialist group are essentially to:
- Promote best practice in Project and Programme Management
- Facilitate the sharing of skills, techniques, tools and methods
- Positively encourage members to participate in professional Project, Programme and Portfolio Management activities
- Provide opportunities for networking and interaction enabling members to share experiences and lessons learned through a regular series of meetings and schools and joint events with BCS branches
- Represent and promote the interests of PROMS-G members with other organisations and professional bodies
- Develop awareness and competence in the application of Project, Programme and Portfolio Management techniques
- Support research and development of Project, Programme and Portfolio Management related standards.
- Through PROMS-G activities, attract new members
- To encourage membership of the BCS
- To abide by the BCS charitable objectives
PROMS-G is a non-profit making organisation, is run on a totally voluntary basis and is supported by a constitution. Support in the form of sponsorship of the provision of meeting and event facilities is crucial to our function and success, and any organisations wishing to help us in this respect should contact the Chairman.
Note 1 In order to reduce the amount of SPAM, some email addresses will require (AT) to be replaced with @.
Note 2 You will need a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader software in order to access some of the material on this website.
The BCS Project Management specialist group (PROMS-G) is governed by the BCS Member Group rules.