Who is this for?
- Digital professionals looking to build their technical knowledge in AI and machine learning, with a focus on individual components
- Candidates who need to understand the interaction between humans and automated systems with a view to developing or implementing AI solutions
- IT professionals who are transitioning to a career in AI
- Individuals with an interest in AI and a background in science, engineering, knowledge engineering, finance, education or IT services
There are no pre-requisites for entry to the exam.
What will I learn?
This award sits within the Machine learning and other AI techniques area of the AI Foundation Pathway and offers a very accessible introduction to the technology that’s shaping the future.
You’ll learn about:
- the use of robots and automation in the workplace
- identifying, creating and maintaining automation
- the future of robots
Download our latest syllabus (PDF)
This award contributes 3 credits towards the:
- Foundation Certificate in AI (total credits required: 20)
- Foundation Diploma in AI (total credits required: 36)
Other Machine learning and other AI techniques awards in the IA Foundation Pathway include:
How can I prepare for this award?
You can achieve this qualification through virtual or classroom training with a BCS-accredited training provider. As a guide, the estimated total qualification time for this award is 30 hours based around 8 hours of contact time, 21 hours of independent learning and a 30-minute summative assessment. Prices of exams start from £90 + VAT per award - though prices may vary depending on training provider.
How do I take the exam?
Find a provider
Get in touch with your nearest BCS-accredited training provider to ask about their bitesize training course.
Book your exam
If you're studying for this qualification without a training provider you can sit this exam directly with BCS.
How do I book an exam?
Call +44 (0)1793 417417 to book your exam
Build on your foundation learning and achieve the Foundation Certificate in AI by studying one award from each of the four key awards areas. Study eight awards across the four areas and you’ll achieve the Foundation Diploma in AI. Why not look at…
Learn how data enables AI to perform, how it’s cleaned, structured and stored - and specifically focusing on machine learning how to use data in the right way, work with security protocols and uphold good ethical practice.
AI’s ability to learn, replicate and predict means it will have a considerable impact on society and our environment if we don’t approach it ethically, sustainably and with clear governance. This set of awards explores the impact of decision-making and is vital learning for any forward-thinking IT professional.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.