Who is it for?
- Anyone who is involved in any aspect of systems development.
What will I learn?
- Identify the tasks and disciplines required for systems development and the implementation of the development
- Describe the relationship between systems development and the wider term solution development
- Interpret the business requirements and produce systems requirements
- Describe the commonly used development lifecycles defined in the syllabus
- Select a particular development lifecycle based on specific characteristics
- Describe in detail one method that embraces one (or more) of these generic lifecycles
- Describe the structure, activities and deliverables of this method
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities within the chosen method and describe how these can be used to form teams
- Describe, interpret and quality assure the key models that the selected method uses for defining the process, static and event processes of the system
- Explain the differences between logical and physical models
- Make effective use of different methods of interpersonal communications
- Quality assure the systems requirements documentation and models
- Identify different architectures for systems development solutions
- Conduct a quality review
- Explain how CASE, CAST and Application Management tools might be used to support the chosen method
How do I get this certification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- One hour 'open book' with 15 minutes reading time
- Written, based on a business scenario
- Pass mark is 50%
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.